10 Crazy and Interesting Cat Facts, that you may not know!
By PadsnPets, May 6 2014 08:42PM
Cats are one of the most popular domestic pets in the world and we can see why, these facts prove they are a pretty interesting species!
1) A cat has no collarbone, allowing it to fit through any opening as small as its head.
2) Cat wee glows in the dark when a UV light shines on it. If you think your cat or kitten has had a mishap in your home, use a UV light to find the evidence.
3) If your cat is close to you, and her tail is quivering, this is the greatest expression of love your cat can give you.
4) A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single leap.
5) Cats can make over 100 vocal sounds, while dogs can only make 10.
6) If they have ample water, cats can tolerate temperatures up to 133 °F.g (probably best not to try this one though!!)
7) In just seven years, a single pair of cats and their offspring could produce a staggering total of 420,000 kittens.
8) Cats spend 30% of their waking hours grooming themselves. (So they’re pretty vain too!)
9) Cats can see so well in the dark because their eyes reflect light. Light goes in their eyes, and it is reflected back out again. This means that their eyes actually work like a built-in flashlight.
10) A cat’s hearing is better than a dog’s. Cats can hear high-frequency sounds of up to two octaves higher than a human. So there’s no chance of a secret snack in the kitchen!
After finding out these crazy cat facts, the next time we’re cat sitting we’ll have a new found respect for the humble moggy!