By PadsnPets, Apr 17 2014 10:50AM
Having just come back from a short break in Spain, I couldn’t wait to tell you about some of the funny, cute and mainly bonkers doggy sights I have seen! If you have ever been to Spain, I’m sure you will know the Spanish ladies (and even some of the men) have a major passion for little dogs!
Not a day went by, where I didn’t see the cutest little pooches being walked, carried or even pushed along the promenade.
Chihuahuas appeared to be the favourite, but other popular breeds included Yorkies, Lhasa Apso, Pomeranians, Maltese, King Charles, Westies and Dachshunds.
In fact, I was quite amazed at the lack of large dogs I saw, if any at all!
Some of my favourite Spanish doggy sightings included:
- The lady with 2 Lhasa Apso’s dressed in Real Madrid football kits!
- The tendency for Spanish ladies to push their dogs along in what I can only describe as custom made pushchairs.
- The family with the matching outfits, including the dog!
- Some of the most amazing doggy hairstyles I have ever seen, seriously we're talking the just stepped out of a Salon look, Cheryl Cole eat your heart out!
- The very smartly dressed, older Spanish gentleman walking the cutest Yorkshire Terrier, dressed head to to paw in Pink, including the hair bobbles. Plus, I think I even saw a Swarovski crystal thrown in for good measure.
It got to the point where it was more noticeable if you had a dog that wasn’t wearing the latest accessories.
So if you like to put the odd accessories on your pet pooch, you’ve got a long way to go before you’re in the Spanish pampered pooch league!